Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Day Today...

Today was the 2nd "Heaven Day" that we have had to go through for Abbi. She has been gone for 2 years now. My sister Shannon came up to spend time with me since Travis had to go out of town to work on a bid for work. I had not been looking forward to this day at all. I still wonder why.....why MY Abbi was taken.....why did this happen to MY family......questions that I will not get an answer to for a long time.


My Mom, Sister's Shannon & Stacey, Stacey's husband Josh, Jill, my neice Jaylee and nephews Jace and Brady, Bekka & Catie, and of course myself met up at the Cemetary at 6:30 this evening and we took 16 pink and 2 white balloons to let go. I also went and picked up some white roses for her. When I arrived up there, my Mom had the following picture sitting up at her site. (It isn't the greatest picture as I took it through the glass with my digital camera and without a flash. Once I get my computer set up again in the basement with my scanner. I will post a better picture. It is so beautiful and I LOVE IT!)



My Mother and I talked about Jean's work one day when I had brought up that I had seen a picture at a friends home of her sister with Christ and I had asked her who did that wonderful portrait. About a year or so ago just about the time we had talked about it, my Mom had already spoken to Jean Keaton (http://www.keatonprints.com/) and asked her to do a picture for our family of Abbi with Christ. She said it would probably be about a year before she would be able to do it and then a few months ago, Jean called and said she was nearly ready to start it and asked us to send her some pictures. So we did and the above picture was the result. Thanks MOM!

8 comments:

Lace said...

Hi Leslie,

What an amazing picture. It is very comforting to see your sweet little Abbi in Christ's arms. I have no doubt that that is where she is. She looks so happy and peaceful. Thank you for sharing that. I want you to know that I think about you and all three of your girls very often and I wonder the same whys, to come here and be reminded that she is in Heaven and she is happy and you will all be together one day, is a great comfort. And it is true, you will be, and I can't imagine how happy that day will be.

Lace said...

Hi Leslie,

What an amazing picture. It is so neat to see your sweet little Abbi in Christ's arms. I have no doubt that is where she is. She looks so happy and peaceful. She is so beautiful. I think about you and your girls all of the time. Love you all.

Unknown said...

Leslie that is such a beautiful picture. The smile on your sweet Abbi's face...You will see her again and that smile on her little face will only get bigger when she sees her family. She is with her Heavenly Father, what a wonderful knowledge to have. As memories of her are with you, especially at this time, know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Trinbean said...

That is the sweetest picture....it just makes me cry!!! She looks so happy! I think about you guys all the time. One day you will be able to see that sweet face again.

BryceandSally said...

Leslie this picture is amazing! What a peace it must bring you to know she is with Christ! I hope you and your family are doing o.k. during this difficult time!

Beth Borup said...

What a priceless picture - She captured Abbi so beautifully. Though words however gentle can not take your loss away, may it comfort you to know that we care and think of you and your sweet Abbi often. What a joyful day it will be when you see her sweet face again and are together!

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

that picture is amazing and even made me get teary eyed. I can only imagine the questions that you ask about "why." I know she is still with you and your family and is awaiting the day to be with you again. I can't believe that it has been two years. our thoughts our with you and your family

Bry and Rach said...

that is priceless! What a great drawing to have to remind you that she is safe and happy!