Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rain, Rain go AWAY!

It has been raining ALL DAY!!!!

At about 11:00 this morning, I looked under my deck to find that my patio was flooding. I thought I better run outside and get the tubes to hook to the down spouts and did that, when I went out the basement door, the water was about to start coming up into the house and we had just finished our basement! With Travis in Alabama this weekend for the Talladega NASCAR race, I was here to try to figure out how in the world I was going to get rid of all of this water! First thought was I would get a bucket and start carting it out to the grass. Then I decided I better call Travis and let him know what is going on. When I called he reminded me that we had bought a submersible pump that was up in the garage. So I went out and got it, hooked it up and it started pumping away!!! After about 20 minutes or so, we finally had all of the water gone! I was so relieved! Here are some pictures of all of the water we have in the yard!!! I don't think we will have to water the grass for quite awhile!


(The pictures of the patio water were taken after the water had been pumping out for awhile. The water was ankle deep near the chair and rocks and was covering my feet closer to the house)

5 comments:

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

good thing you caught it when you did. i have actually enjoyed having the rain. i love the fall season. i hope you don't have anymore problems!!!!

Leslie Wentz said...

Don't get me wrong...I don't mind the rain and I to love the Fall season!

The Bender Family said...

Lucky for the pump!! Hopefully the rain will slow down a little bit! We've been getting it all day too.

BryceandSally said...

Oh I'm sorry!! It has rained way to much! You should have called Bryce to help you!

Leslie Wentz said...

Thanks Sally! I actually thought about it! I was going to call someone if I wasn't able to get it taken care of myself! But it all worked out! :)