Monday, October 20, 2008

We have returned!

The deer hunt opened this last Saturday and goes through Wednesday the 22nd, both Travis and I have tags but neither one of us brought home a buck!

Catie stayed with my sister Shannon, I had some anxiety with leaving Catie because we don't leave the kids with really anyone but family but I still had a hard time but we couldn't take her with us. Just ask Shannon though, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I called her quite a bit to check in. It was also the first time that I have ever been away from her for overnight, and I was not going to see her until Sunday night possibly Monday sometime.

We went down to a town called Koosharem (near Fish Lake and close to Richfield) and stayed at a friends home in our camping trailer along with some other friends who also brought theirs. On our drive down, the transmission getting hot indicator on our Suburban came on but once we got there, Travis was able to figure out what was wrong and we will be taking the Suburban to get fixed this week. While he was trying to get that all taken care of, I went with our friends to make sure that I could hit a target!!! I shot 3 times and 2 out of the 3 shots were just about 2" from the bulls eye. The only reason that the 3rd one wasn't was because our friend was using my gun to spot with and had turned the power up on the scope, I felt like I couldn't keep it still but that one wasn't to bad off, only about 4" from the center. Opening morning was alot of fun!!!! There were so many people up there though! We saw so many deer, near 200 atleast! Alot of does and fawns but we only saw one 3x4 and two 2 points and that was it!!! We got up early and stayed up until about 9:00 each day until we headed home last night. Last night we started home at about 8:00 and didn't reach home until about 1:30 this morning after picking up Catie and only being able to go 60MPH all the way home so our transmission wouldn't get hot.

But we are all home, safe and sound! :) Wish both Travis and I could have gotten our tags filled!

5 comments:

Trinbean said...

I bet it was fun spending time with the HUBBY though. Sorry you didn't get one...Mike didn't either this year he was VERY disappointed!!!! Better luck next year!!!

The Bender Family said...

I'm so glad that I was able to watch Catie. I hope next time will be easier on you! Brady had a great time with her... we all did! She was so much fun and so easy to take care of!

Unknown said...

What a woman! I couldn't hunt to save my life...I am impressed that you even go. Your like every guys dream wife! lol

Anonymous said...

i wish we would have been able to get one also. but it was still fun. maybe next year you will have to bring two of your own guns so trav doesn't steal yours. it was really good to see you. its been such a long time. you have been down here a couple times now i guess i need to take a trip up there.

Unknown said...

You've been hubby tagged Leslie! Check it out on my blog...